CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 6, 2007

Last day in the field







My last day in the field was in a rural area north of Kampala. Obviously, very poor. Can you imagine living like this? I cant. I tried to make these kids laugh so I could see their beautiful smiles.. it worked! I also gave my favorite hoodie to a Jaja (grandmother) because she was freezing. Literally. Her home was not very adequate for keeping warm (the area she lives in is cold at night), plus she has poor circulation, so I figured she needed it more than I did.
I am extremely sad to be leaving tomorrow. I had no idea that I would feel this way. I am sad to leave my family (Pahlow's). I am sad to leave my new friends and GFR family. I am sad to leave Africa and the people I have had such a wonderful experience with. I have gotten so used to screaming boys (Mike and Nate) who rough house all day long. I am even going to miss Hope and Mike bickering over silly things. Amber and I have had some AWESOME laughing attacks right before bed for the last week. Who doesn't love a great laughing attack?! I am going to miss our crazy, praying ,pastor, neighbor who loves to pray AT 1:00 IN THE MORNING at the top of his lungs. I think he is speaking in tongues. Actually, more like chanting. I will miss having constant fellowship and community 24 hours a day! And most of all I am going to miss the fulfillment of knowing I am doing Gods work and having the time to spend with Him whenever I want. Somehow time slips away from us in America, whether we want it to or not, it just happens. So now I go home. I have an overnight stay in London and I hope I have a jacuzzi in my hotel. Thanks for all of your support and comments while I have been here. It has been a tremendous help and encouragement! Stay tuned for the transition back to the US!!!


0 comments: