CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

America VS Africa!




As I returned to work today, I got this picture in my mind. One is a picture of the houses I sell and the other is what the people in Africa live in IF they are lucky. I think for a while I will be constantly comparing our ways of life. And thinking of the faces of the special families I visited in Africa.
It seems that my experience has taught me a lot about how I want to live and whats important to me. Things seem like they have been put into perspective and I see things for what they are. I guess what I am trying to say is, when you see reality, outside of most peoples reality here in this country , and you see what and who this planet really consists of, you have a different perspective on things. My cute clothes and my hair, the latest version of cell phones and what kind of car I drive, all suddenly become so minor in comparison to what is going on in other parts of the world. They dont seem so important anymore. They dont seem like priorities anymore. I cant say what a relief and freedom I feel from that! I feel like have been given a TRUE sense of reality that ,I hope, will keep me connected to the people in Africa, but also keep me connected to GOD! When you are living to attain things, there is not satisfaction in that. Maybe temporarily, but it goes away and then we are on the search for the next "fix". I am guilty of this myself. But I have discovered something that fills that need. It is a relationship with God, and doing things that He himself did. Helping people in need. We have so many needs, not just physical, but emotional too. Anyway I am going on a tangent. I am praying that as time goes on I dont EVER forget his new perspective I have on life and what matters to me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaimie, reading your blog has been quite an eye-opener and has made me look at my own definiton of "success". This really has put things into perspective and I owe you a huge thank you!!! Love you and keep blogging!!!

Anonymous said...

Ur perspective of an African lifestyle is so screwed up! Try researching what Africa is really like; not from an Americans perspective, but from a human beings perspective. it is truly tragic to know that you have no idea what the world is like, more particularly what Africa is like. this could be because you are ignorant and don't give a damn. Africa, like America, has cities, people have actual houses, cars, wealth! And just like America, it has the poor and the homeless. Wake Up!!!

Anonymous said...

Be lets just say this is offensive since I am african

Anonymous said...

There are parts of Africa like that picture and parts that are better. It's a good perspective to have of parts of the world that are less fortunate not just Africa. It's very eye opening and definatily impacts your life.

Anonymous said...

for those of you, who have not visited africa this is what u guys dont know about africa(My Love & Pride) The Africa They Never Show You.

Anonymous said...

for those of you, who have not visited africa this is what u guys dont know about africa. watch this video from youtube (My Love & Pride The Africa They Never Show You.)