CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Just some pictures of our first day in the villages












Last night we had some time to sit with the team and discuss what everyone thought and was feeling in regards to their first time ever seeing somthing like this. Many people felt sad and were in disbelief of that they saw, and rightfully so. Another, sad that the children we saw wouldnt smile. I felt something a little different this time... I was not overwhelmed with sadness. I felt very happy to see all of the familes we visited last year, now with hope in their smiles and food in their stomachs. I felt happy to see the children healthy and not weeping fluids out of their nose and eyes. I still have a hard time believing that people really do live this way, with basically nothing, but in comparison to what I saw last year I cant help but feel happy about the improvements being made in their living conditions. My emotions are much different this time. I know that not every family in Africa is going to be sponsored, but one family at a time. It is making a difference in the lives of one family at a time. And for these familes I feel so much happiness! I am posting some pictures of the welcoming ladies and the children we visited.

1 comments:

Stephen said...

Love the pictures so far. It's great to hear the difference you and your team are making. I'll be praying for you and your team.