CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Getting ready to depart


WOW- I have a lot to get done before I leave on Monday! Time flew by! I am really getting excited to be back in Uganda and visit some of the families I saw last year. The amazing thing is this time, they will be fed, clothed and hopefully healthy due to the sponsorship they have been receiving. I have included a map to show you the travels while we are there and it is indicated by the pink line. We will be staying in Kampala. I am going to be going to Busia (borders Kenya), which was the very first village I went to in Africa, Kamwenge (just outside of Fort Portal), which is where Adrine lives (YA!) and a new village called Namyoya. This is where we are building a new church thanks to the people at Community Christian Church! Lots to look forward to. I also get to go the safari this time and I can not wait! I know if my dad were alive he'd be envious because this is his kind of thing. He loved nature and animals and the great outdoors! As far as travel goes we fly into London at 6 in the morning and don't leave there until 8pm. The good thing is that we get to sight see in London and then we are getting a hotel to catch some Zs and shower before we are on to Nairobi. This is a great thing, believe me! The bad part is that it is a long few days of traveling and I am hoping my luggage doesn't get lost--that would stink big time! I want to thank everyone who made this possible by supporting me! I have to be honest and say I wasn't sure Id even make it close to my trip costs, but God is faithful! I raised about $1,000 in just a month! So thank you to you all and also to all of you who are saying prayers and sending messages of support and encouragement... those are much needed as well!
So bye for now and more to come in the next few days! Love and blessings!

0 comments: