CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 15, 2007

Trying to make sense of it all...

I have never seen poverty like this before. I have been to some poor places, but nothing compares to this. It is very hard to understand why I live the way I do and how they can live the way they do. These people in Busia, they really have nothing. No money, no houses just huts with a dirt floor. They have very little food and what they do eat is not very good, trust me I ate a meal, and it was very difficult to swallow. Not everything was horrible but you don't have a variety of meal choices here. I don't say this to complain... I say this because I am trying to make sense of all of this in my mind. The bible says... The rich and the poor, the Lord is Maker of them both. That means that these people are no different than I am, only in the way that they live. I even questioned at one point, what are these people living for??? It perpetuated my mind into a spiral of thoughts like... WHAT AM I LIVING FOR? Anyway, I am not going to go there right now, but I do have to ask myself that question. After seeing what I have been seeing for the last 2 days it really makes me see the world, my life, in a different perspective. Now that I have seen this, seen these people suffering with nothing, I can not just do NOTHING! I have a responsibility to do SOMETHING! That is where I am at right now... what can I do for these people? That is what I am asking God.
After spending 2 days traveling from village to village I am extremely drained. My senses are overwhelmed. The sights, the smells are too much. I am glad to be back at our house in Kampala resting a day before we are going to another village about 6 hours West from here. I am thankful we got this little break in because it was very much needed after that trip. Like I said, I am still trying to make sense of it all in my head. I have so many questions and all I can do is pray and take them to God. I do know that I am so glad that Global Family Rescue is here to help these people. It is very hard because you want to help THEM ALL, but we can only help one family at a time. It is amazing to see that what very little we gave these people, will feed them for a year or give them the ability to take their child to the doctor and literally save their life! We saw a little girl who had a huge open wound on her ankle. Had we not given her money, she would have eventually died from infection of that wound. Its a glimpse of hope in an otherwise hopeless place.

0 comments: