CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Not feeling so good...

Well it finally happened! I was hoping I could avoid getting sick, and its not full blown yet, but I am definitely not 100% right. Not sure if I have the flu or Malaria or what but I will know if its Malaria by tonight. I don't think it is... I think I am just run down. I am also REALLY emotional! I am such a baby when I am sick so who knows.... maybe that is why. Just thought I would blog and complain a little.
Anyway, I am getting some down time and time to process all that has been absorbed in the last few days. I am still not sure what my conclusion is on all the sick people I have seen. I am thinking about a girl who we visited the first day in Kamwenge. She had an infection in her uterus. She will not leave her "house" and did not want t come out and have her picture taken for the bio. I don't blame her. I cant imagine what that must feel like to not be able to leave my home because my body is leaking infection and not being able to do anything about it! Thankfully, GFR was able to give some money to get her to the doctor and Parents Concern (another NGO we are teaming up with) will cover the doctor bill. She will get better now.
I have to be honest... something inside has mentally blocked me from being able to FEEL anything for these people right now. I am not sure if I am numb or I am just being optimistic. I tend to always look at the brighter side of things. The ONLY bright side of this situation is that these families will be sponsored... hopefully soon. That's a safe place for me to be, looking at the positive instead of the negative. Or maybe I just like to AVOID reality! Ha ha, I love trying to figure myself out. I'm going to the pool now. Peace.

1 comments:

Stephen said...

I hope that you feel better soon. I'll be praying that it is nothing serious. Know that you are making huge difference in what you are doing. God is using you to be a miracle in those families lives. God bless you Jaimie.