CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 18, 2007

My thoughts...

After coming back from Kamwenge I feel totally checked out emotionally and physically. Today I went to a very nice hotel here in Kampala with the Pahlow family and enjoyed some "normal"food and a different enviornment than I have been exposed to for the last 2 weeks. I didn't even realize, until Melody said she felt bad that she had to come to a 5 star hotel to get refreshed while these people live this way all the time, that I needed to be in a 5 star hotel to feel somewhat back to normal and refreshed! I was so drained from seeing such poverty and sickness that I could not take it anymore! I just wanted to lay in bed all day today and not have to see anymore. I am glad they invited me to go though because it was like a little oasis. While we were in Kamwenge we took bio's of families who will soon be sponsored, which was a nice feeling knowing that soon they will be recieving some help and support.
I am learning some things about myself in the midst of all of this... some of my strengths, passions, and weaknesses. I am sure that I will continue to reflect on this trip long after I leave here. I wonder how people come here and experience some of this place and just go back to living their life once they leave. I dont know... ask me in 2 mos. how I am feeling. I dont have any intention of that happening. These children and families have left an imprint on my heart that I dont think will go away. I need some more rest. :-P

0 comments: