CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Just me thinking again.

As my trip is nearing its end, I have a million questions about WHY God brought me here to Africa? I am a very impatient person. This is not a quality I plan to keep nurturing, but I tend to get a head of myself sometimes. I have learned so much about myself on this trip. I have had amazing revelations from God and I have spent time, hopefully, touching the hearts and lives of some families. I don't say that as if I am the one touching their lives, it is only because God has allowed it and provided for these people that I am able to be used as HIS instrument in expressing His LOVE for them. There is something inside me that says, I want to live a different life when I get home, I want to do amazing things with my life. I don't want to go back to the unfulfilling life I was living before I came here. Well, I tend to forget that nothing worth having in this life comes without time and effort put into it. My walk with God isn't something that developed over night and my journey of healing certainly didn't happen over night! I need to be patient. God is doing a very necessary work in my life right now that will open a new door in my life and be the beginning of a new chapter for me. I need to remind myself that I am living to fulfill HIS PLAN, not my own. Is it true that good things come to those who wait? I have many, many questions floating around in my mind right now and I think sometimes the desire to live a more "meaningful" life is really a desire to be closer to the heart of GOD.

1 comments:

Stephen said...

I know that without a doubt your openness to God's call to go to Uganda will have a huge impact in the lives of so many people down there. Don't doubt that for a second. My pastor this weekend talk about how when one person steps out in faith they become part of something much bigger than themselves. God is surely opening a new chapter in your life and He will be just as present when you come back as He has been during your journey to Uganda. God bless you Jaimie.